It’s been a long two and a half months of social distancing and staying home. It’s taken many of us time to figure out how to process what’s going on, as most people don’t spend all day every day in the house for weeks on end..due to a health crisis. The last time I spent this much time in the house was after I gave birth to Lee but there was an end date. After 4 or 5 weeks we were out in the streets. Last year during the Government shut down I was in the house for a few weeks, not because I couldn’t go out but I was stressed about what was happening and didn’t want to go out and spend unnecessary money. But again, that was by choice and out of a sense of worry but still different. We eventually got paid and went back to work. This. is. different. I can’t tell you how to process this time, I can’t even really tell you how I’m processing it or if I’m even processing it at all. All I can let you know is some small things that are helping me to get through day by day.
These are some of my essentials. Let’s break it down:
- A mask made by my mom in my favorite color because wearing a mask is mandatory everywhere you go here in the DMV. Although I only go out once every two weeks or so, you still have to be prepared and my mom helped me keep it Style Stamped.
- Good Genes has been introduced into my facial routine because this serum has everything you need to keep your face hydrated and young. Staying home all day can dull you out and by the time we get to go back outside I’m not trying to look like I’ve been living in a cage for months…or years.
- New phone, who dis? Well my photographer is somewhere practicing social distancing at home so I had to upgrade to a new phone, just for the camera of course so I don’t completely lose my IG flow.
- Mascara and lipstick for those once a week or once every two week days that I feel like putting on a face to walk to the living room and remember who I am, especially since all of my fake eyelashes have fallen out.
- Essie nail polish Spring 2020 colors are dope and that’s a good thing because I have to do my own nails now. This light green color is my fave.
- Sony’s wireless mini bluetooth speaker keeps me sane while I’m doing one of the new projects around the house that I’ve discovered need to be done. It’s a small unit that packs a big punch.
- The slippers. I usually don’t rock slippers like that but now I’m the pajama and slipper wearing mom all day. These polka-dot one’s I got for Christmas were destined for re-gifting but are now on my feet 24/7. They have rubber soles so we’re even outside with them on. Yup I’m that mom now. Don’t judge me.
- Fresh flowers because they make me happy. I’m a huge component of keeping whatever makes you happy at the forefront of your life.
- Magazines because I now have time to read all of the ones I’ve been getting for years that just sit on the coffee table collecting dust until the vision board party.
- Finally, I’ve started drinking coffee again a couple days a week. Lee wakes me up at the crack of dawn and I need help with the extra energy. Two year old boys are no joke.
Have you picked up any new items in your daily routine while at home? Drop the things you’ve been doing new below.